Welcome to Our Twigs and Branches

I want to thank you for visiting my humble blog. Please feel free to look around. Any suggestions and comments will be appreciated. I am new at this and my goal is to learn from my fellow genealogy bloggers.

I have many "Brick walls" and unidentified people in pictures. I am hoping that I may find "cousins" and make aquaintence with the many people who are bloging. I have visited many blogs today and have already learned alot from many of you.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Madness

My grandmother, Norma Lee JAMISON TIMMONS often told this story. When her mother Zenith Elizabeth GREENE JAMISON was pregnant with Juanita Elizabeth JAMISON DEUEL an old lady came to talk with Zenith. Norma overheard most of the conversation.
The old lady had told Zenith that Lydia Lorena GREY GREEN or GREENEwas not really her mother. She said that before David Albert GREEN or GREENE had been married before and widowed coming to Missouri in 1880. Leaving two boys named Bill and Jim with their grandmother. The old lady said that David brought a little girl back. That little girl was Zenith.
After the old lady left, Norma remembers coming down the stairs and finding her mother crying. Zenith intended to confront her mother, Lydia Lorena GREY GREEN or GREENE, but Zenith died before she confronted Lydia.
Norma Lee JAMISON TIMMONS b. 17 July 1908 in Bedford, Livingston County, Missouri d. 13 October 2001 in Chillicothe, Livingston County, Missouri
Zenith Elizabeth GREENE JAMISON b. 7 November 1880 in Illinois or Missouri d. 19 September 1923 in Bedford, Livingston, Missouri
Juanita Elizabeth JAMISON DEUEL b. 1 June 1923 in Bedford, Livingston County, Missouri d. 5 April 1977 in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota
David Albert GREEN or GREENE b. 28 December 1850 in Terre Haute, Indiana d. 23 February 1916 in Bedford, Livingston County, Missouri
Lydia Lorena GREY GREEN or GREENE b. 30 March1857 in Trenton, Grundy County d. 5 October 1940 in Bedford, Livingston County, Missouri

I have, to this date 8/2/2010, been unable to prove or disprove this information. I had wanted to verify her story before my Grandma Timmons left us. I looked at census records until I was blue in the face with no luck whatsoever. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. With Missouri death records on line some information can be gleaned from getting those to see what they have to say.
    Glad to see you want to get serious with your sourcing. Genealogy with sourcing is mythology...
    My blog is genealogyframeofmind.blogspot.com - stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edit comment... genealogy WITHOUT sourcing is MYTHOLOGY.... oops there!

    ReplyDelete